Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 6 summary

Yesterday (Thursday) we rode 60.2 tough miles. Friday, we arrived in Missouri at about 5 p.m. I reached my driveway at 7:30. This was the longest (and hottest!) day at 73.1 miles. The maps we abandoned on day 2 showed 400 miles, but our actual trip was 351 miles. Except for the few miles down into the Mississippi river valley, the trip was all uphill--strange since the elevation of Chicago is 150 ft. higher than St. Louis. The wind was in our faces the entire trip--mostly at about 10 mph, which is a lot when biking. The trip was fun. If I did that route again, I'd start in STL and bike DOWNHILL into Chicago.

Next weekend I'll be biking from Louisville, KY to Lexington--a one-day trip of about 75 miles. Should be easy....

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment